News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

RED & BLACK Raleigh Pursuit Road Tandem For Sale

Started by Gregory Pschaida, September 04, 2017, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
HI, I am putting my Raleigh Pursuit Tandem up for sale. VGC - Tires are narrow fast rolling 700 x 28C Features a reinforced compact style aluminum frame. This is a medium, and  It is 18 Speed.  Rear Wheel was rebuilt and therefore reinforced.  This is a great entry level road tandem, but with it's lighter aluminum frame and higher level drive line, was considered a little better ride than the KHS road tandem. I have rode Double Centuries and centuries on it. (Still has very low miles around 2000) I have went down hill at over 50MPH.  It is in tip top shape, includes a deluxe Topeak pump and tool bag.  Upgrades include wide range rear cassette, and MTB style long cage rear derailleur.  The Gearing is just about right for about 95% of rides for a reasonably fit tandem team.  The only time I wished for a larger cassette (Equipped with 11-32) was on the longer doubles, where protracted climbs were encountered.  When I purchased this new about 11 years back, the rear wheel would break spokes on even mild pot holes.  So, the rearwheel was re-built using much better spokes, and no more problems. Color is  Black and Red. Asking $1200.00