News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Roadies cyclocross route

Started by Jeff Gross, August 09, 2010, 04:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Gross

I am trying to create a 40 mile loop from San Marcos that uses many unpaved roads or trails, but no technical singletrack. I want to use it at the end of Sept as a Saturday Roadie option.
What I have so far is route 661: http://www.fullcommitment.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=2167447
Would someone like to try this out and tell me if it works? Be sure to study the route before you go, so you know how to manage alternate routes if a road is closed.

mile 5.9 - 6.6 are decomposed granite nature trail. Easy biking
mile 6.7 -7.7 are also dg and easy.
mile 7.7 - 8.4 I have not ridden. It may be excessively steep - let me know.
mile 14.8 - 19.9 are half dirt road. We just road them on the Hill is not a 4 letter word ride. Fun.
mile 20.8 - 21.5 I have not ridden. The alternative would be to stay on La Moree to Borden and back to Woodland. Jacks Pond just seems interesting.
mile 29.7 - 31.4 I just drove. It is an uphill dirt road and very scenic.
mile 38.3-39.8 I have not ridden. I found it on Google Earth, and have no idea what it is like.

Does anyone have suggestions for other dirt roads that might be used?
jeff@fullcommitment.com
Jeff Gross
CA broker #01494883, REALTOR, Notary, GRI, e-PRO, GREEN, BrokerPriceOpinion
NCCC Ride Leader, Bike League Certified Instructor (LCI), USCF Level 3 Cycling Coach, Level 3 Swim Coach
Full Commitment Real Estate
jeff@fullcommitment.com

Looks fun. Perhaps I'll change my tires and do some recon on Sunday.

Jeff,

I'll have some recon finished in a couple of days.

kellyjay

Good idea, for a change...
I recommend Black Canyon out of Ramona for cyclo-roadies.
It crosses the historic 1913 bridge over the Santa Ysabel river and then climbs to Mesa Grande at the old market on top.

hehe, see ya,
kellyjay